Join the Graystone Family
Thank you for considering a position with Graystone Homes! Many of our employees have been with us for over 20 years and we are looking for long-term team members. We offer competitive pay, employer matched 401k and employer paid health insurance. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SCAM ALERT! We do not do Skype or Zoom interviews. Our interviews and hiring process paperwork is completed in person only. We have recently been made aware of someone using our name to collect personal information from people looking for jobs.
Construction laborer position available. Strength sufficient to lift and move items weighing up to 75lbs. Reliability and attendance are important. Strong work ethic and ability to follow instructions from supervisors. Daily duties may include: Cleaning and preparing construction sites; Loading and unloading materials and equipment; Building and taking down scaffolding and temporary structures; Digging trenches, compacting earth and backfilling holes; Operating and tending machinery and heavy equipment; Assisting skilled tradespeople in their duties. Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license and reliable transportation required. We travel within an hour of Culpeper. Hours are M-F 7:30am-3:30pm. We offer competitive pay, employer matched 401k and employer paid health insurance.
Experienced carpenter/carpenter's helper. Skilled in punchout, drywall, paint and appliance installation. Must be self-motivated and efficient. Daily tasks include lifting 50lbs and climbing ladders. Must have appropriate tools. Valid driver's license required. We travel within an hour of Culpeper. Hours are M-F 7:30am-3:30pm. Competitive pay commensurate with experience and skill.
Experienced Construction Superintendent
Experienced construction superintendent. Excellent communication abilities, including writing, speaking and active listening. Good planning skills, including design execution, resource allocation and contingencies. Understanding of construction equipment, including safe operating practices and signs of maintenance issues. In-depth understanding of local and state construction regulations. Great problem-solving and decision-making skill. Effective leadership abilities, like motivation, goal-setting and conflict management. Organizational skills, including time management, delegation, prioritization and multitasking. Ability to works directly with sub-contractors and crews to ensure construction tasks are completed on time. Ability to communicate with customers in a polite manner. Regular duties to include submitting building permit packages, overseeing day to day operations on the building sites, scheduling county inspections, scheduling subcontractors, generating and maintaining schedules, and notifying purchasing when to order materials. Valid driver's license required. Vehicle provided. We travel within an hour of Culpeper. Hours are M-F 7:30am-3:30pm. Competitive pay commensurate with experience and skill.
Applicant must have a sound knowledge of residential construction with a proficiency in MS Office products preferred. Knowledge of QuickBooks and/or Chief Architect design software helpful. A minimum of 3 years of experience in the residential construction industry. Highly organized with strong analytical skills and attention for details. Must have ability to read and interpret plans and other construction documents. Prefer experience in material takeoffs and unit cost-based purchasing. Duties and responsibilities include:
• Manage all contract documents from bid preparation to contract completion
• Review estimate work scopes, bid plans and/or other information required to produce accurate construction estimates
• Generate construction budgets through in-house estimating systems and/or vendor/sub-contractor acquired information
• Produce written construction proposals
• Coordinate all active contract activities (signed proposals)
• Facilitate communication between the divisions; purchasing, architect, sales/selections, construction personnel and vendors/subcontractors
• Assist in construction/permit plan development, disburse information to office personnel, field personnel and vendors/subcontractors
• Generate material take-offs and/or obtain vendor/subcontractor quotes for construction; verify accuracy and issue purchase orders
• Process all cost requests, change orders and variance purchase orders
• Maintain accurate construction budget price listings for standard options
• Facilitate communication between the divisions to improve the accuracy of the written specifications, estimate/budget development, and material/labor takeoffs
• Research and resolve vendor/subcontractor disputes, problem invoices and/or missing bid or construction information
• Maintain and/or develop estimating cost data and material take-off spreadsheet pricing to improve bid accuracy and material take-offs